Code Geass, if only I’d known…

Posted by meronpan on October 14, 2008

For any concerned, there are no spoilers in this post.

Why is it that I always wait so long before watching epic shows like Code Geass and Gurren Lagann?  With teh internets aflame with spinzaku and lulucopter, with Max Factory busy churning out figmas, what the heck was I waiting for?

Last Friday I started the first episode of Geass… first season finished on Sunday.  Watched the entire second season Monday… err well, I guess it technically it was early Tuesday morning ^^;;;

If you haven’t gotten around to at least giving Code Geass a try, you should do so immediately!  I can see how some people may be turned off by the violence or the characters but you at least need to make it through one episode.  There are just so many things to love!

• Character design – the exaggerated limbs, lulu’s hand gestures, a nice balance of bishounen and bishoujo… good stuff.
  • Seiyuu – For once it’s not just the female seiyuus keeping my attention – lulu, suzaku, the emperor, the knights… everyone yelling all the time about strategy, betrayal, justice or what not, it’s great! ^_^
  • Momentum – 2 am… 3am… 4am…I kept trying to get to bed but couldn’t stop watching
  • Mechs – really wasn’t too hot on the rollerskate bots but it really grew on me by the end
  • Super powers – wooo, geass!

If you’re looking for a quick spoiler free summary… mmm you can try wikipedia though be careful not too read too much :P

So that’s my excuse for not finishing up the Alice review I was working on ^^; On the bright side, I got a tripod! No more stacks of books ^^; Long exposure shots so I don’t have to use a flash! kitai shitete~ nyohoho

About these ads

7 Responses to “Code Geass, if only I’d known…”

1. xephfyre said

They’ll end up flying soon!

2. M12 said

Hey, it’s all good. I STILL haven’t watched this show. Sometimes, when a series get all the hype in the world, for some reason, I don’t feel like seeing it! I don’t know why.

U know what, I started on the series like 5 months ago and still I haven’t continued from ep. 8. -_-
    I guessed the other series have caught my attention and I was waiting for S2 to finish before I continue.

I already know one of the spoilers for S2 so it’s kinda my fault for not following it on a weekly basis.

@xephfyre one can only hope ^_^

@m12 now that’cha mention it i kinda know what you mean. seeing all the bleach and naruto stuff at conventions kinda turned me off to even trying the series ^^;

@optic awww, guess it just didn’t have the same hold on you that it did for me :P i guess one thing about waiting is that you can watch it in one go. i don’t know how fans of the series suffered through the wait for season 2.

I’m glad i wasn’t aware of any spoilers because for me the driving force was always wanting to know what was gonna happen

Haha! Youre the same as me!
    I always prolong good and epic series and watch some medioocre stuff instead.
    I still havent watched stuff like Code Geass or DeathNote and yet im sitting here and watching all Seasons of Ranma 1/2

Dont ask me why im doing this…I dont know myself

Wow you’ve managed to blitz through the whole Code Geass in such short time?! o_O

R2 feels different to first season, but maybe it’s because first season stood out well enough that we expected more of the same from the second season.

My sister said she is really reluctant to watch it because she can’t stand Lelouch; she said that even the sight of him in the cloak makes her want to punch him lol…

@blowfish heheh, we must strive to break the habit!! I guess sometimes I do put off shows on purpose so that I can watch them with my full attention though. Also, waiting for a season to end so I can watch the whole thing at once isn’t so bad either ^_^

@q yeah, it was… an epic marathon ^^;; feels different? hmm maybe ‘cuz only half my brain is switched on when I watch I didn’t notice ^^;;;
    Hahah, too bad your sister doesn’t like lulu. Personally he’s the reason I had to keep watching ^^; anti-heroes ftw!