Sankt Kaiser Vivio

Posted by meronpan on August 16, 2010

At the risk of being horribly inaccurate I’ll go with the spelling on the box for this one ^^;

Been awhile but finally here’s another Alter review… their latest entry to the StrikerS series!

I am the master of mediocre box shots! ^^;

For those of you not familiar with the series, well hmm I guess it would constitute a spoiler huh… Skip to the next paragraph if you care ^^;  Anyhow, as I was saying, Vivio is indeed that little orphan girl (heterochromia-philiacs eat your hearts out :P) that gets adopted by Nanoha and Fate, making the ultimate yuri family.  I forget the exact reasons but you know, latent powers unlocked, transformation sequence engage, blamo we have adult vivio ^_^

Par for this series of releases she stands at a monstrous 1/7, giving signum a run for the money.

Speaking of monstrous I had forgotten how much of a bust upgrade her transformation had granted her ^^;

*ahem* we’ll get back to that later, but for now:

Was kinda having trouble find different angles/framing and ended up with a ton of similar shots… guess I’m getting out of practice ^^;;;

Wouldn’t have minded if her pony tail was a little more detailed but at least it’s got a nice flow to it.

If I remember correctly her uniform sorta compliments her numbers allies.

Sporting some sort of body suit so no pantsu today.

My room is the dust capital of the world.  orz

Base is… base is also par for the series ;_;

We don’t get to see much of adult vivio fighting but she does have some sort of weird energy ball attack which is what I assume we see here.

Alrighty back to that bust shot…

I mean jeebus that’s quite an upgrade.  To those unfamiliar with nanoha… no the series isn’t just service ^^;

x’mas eyes~

Dramatic framing?  Well, I tried ^^;

I think the lower angle shots turned out better…

Liked getting the entire energy ball thing in the shot below…

…but kinda liked the framing better with her off to the side… ^^;;

or maybe portrait, low angle?

You may have noticed the group shot missing from my shamal review… was lazy since and delayed it for this review ^^;

I think that’s everyone so far, right?  Left out chibi nanoha since technically she’s a movie release and I was out of room ^^;  Had to crop off the top and bottom and use my 50mm but i managed to fit everyone somehow ^^  (though stupid signum is sticking her sword in hayate’s face ^^;)

Tried taking some other shots but i think they’re only only passable resized down ^^;

Ended up just focusing on vivio ^^;  Sorry hayate, vita, you’ve been relegated to bokeh duty.

<3  Maybe they’ll come out with a StrikerS movie… think the figure looks way better than the anime at this point ^^;

ep 25

Especially as a follow up to the lamentably forgettable Shamal, Vivio’s another great addition to the lineup ^^  Which reminds me I really need to get around to reading vivid ^^;; 2nd volume already came out a while ago i think?

Once again, would recommend stopping by Tentacle Armada for some really awesome shots.

Totally off topic: Previously I only followed a small group of folks on twitter so that I wouldn’t be overrun by tweets all day… decided to part with that plan and so now I should be following pretty much everyone.  yoroshiku na~

Slightly on topic:  Still in the queue: moe moe kyun & sheryl!  Al azif in the mail!

About these ads

21 Responses to “Sankt Kaiser Vivio”

Yet another nice add to Nanoha collection ^^
    She sure got it into whole new dimension with mature upgrade ^^ Ah those transforming lolis… ^^;
    Hope they’ll make some future series after StrikerS ^^

indeed ^^ i wonder if they’ll make an anime out of the vivid manga. only read the first chapter so far but it’s nice to get back into some nanoha content ^^

2. The completionist in me approves of that group shot! I really like figures of characters with two different eye colors, I think it looks really nice. Also I haven’t seen too many shoes where a young girl can transorm into an adult, but it seems in every example I can think of she is generously endowed as an adult. It lalmost seems like a rule that they are at least a D cup after transformation!

someday when i get some money and time together i’ve gotta make a custom case for the set… after all it’s one of the few sets i’m letting myself continue to complete ^^;

i suppose the bust up is an easy way to convey older age…? ^^;;;

3. Nopy said

I think more girls need “upgrades” like that :)

I can’t believe you have all of the Nanoha figures from Alter, that’s crazy. I only bought Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate and those three cost me quite a bit of money.

hahah, now now, don’t get greedy :P

it was a quirk of fate… i think i ordered zwei without even knowing what show she was from. watched nanoha after that and it was downhill from there ^^;

4. Fabienne said

hi
    Vivio seems to be a nice badass looking figure,I like the dark outfit.
    I ordered her a week ago via *lame duck* SAL.

when I see the size comparison between Reinforce II and Vivio Im a bit afraid that
    Vivio will be too big for my shelf.
    Well we will see;D
    Im jealous that you own white Vita-chan XD

It’s interesting that Signum is the only one of Alter’s Nanoha figures with closed mouth

yeah i also like the outfit ^^

she’ll get to ya soon, sal ain’t so bad :P well, i guess i can only speak for japan->us sal ^^;

she is definitely quite large (which i love) ^^ alter is very generous with their 1/7

i was actually lamenting i never picked up a normal color vita ^^;;; then i came back to my senses that it was already overboard having the whole set ^^;;;;

never noticed almost everyone’s mouth is open… guess they like screaming ^^;

5. Tier said

I love Vivio’s adult character design, she should stay grown-up all the time so we can imagine sweet, sweet incest between her and her foster parents. Well, I guess we could still imagine it even if she were a kid but then it’s really creepy. Though still hot.

That is a really impressive collection and it’s also really impressive that you got them all in one frame; I could barely squeeze Vivio and Fate together for group pictures.

hahah, i’m sure there’s a doujin out there with that theme, no?

doumo! wasn’t so bad with a 50mm. though i was running out of background material… almost couldn’t cover the frame ^^; wish i had some money to throw at a wide angle… ^_^

Wow, you have all the collection. Feeling so envy now. ;)
    great pics btw!

7. yamada said

Wooohhh I’ve been her fan beside Hayate because of her in this form. Really a nice figure, I like how it stands out and very detail.

8. Vinn said

Heh, can’t believe you fit all of them in a group shot. I can barely fit all of them on my biggest shelve.

well, i did have to bust out the 50mm, scoot my camera up against my desk and use 3x the area i usually use for reviews to do it, but yeah, got them to fit ^^;;

wish i had a shelf for them cuz at the moment shamal and vivio are on my desk, fate is is one detolf, nanoha in another, subaru/index/tia in a third, and signum/vita in a fourth ;_;

9. [...] Armada Wawawa This entry was posted in Figures, Figurine Photography and tagged Alter, dangos, Magical Girl [...]

10. aysima said

Wow, you have all the collection. Feeling so envy now. ;)

was the perfect storm of me ramping up figure acquisitions and getting into nanoha ^^;; almost missed reinforce (had no idea who she was at the time ^^;) but luckily got everyone ^^