Winter Giveaway: Hatsune Miku
Posted by meronpan on December 22, 2008
So my 2nd miku arrived and I plan to proceed with the giveaway! It’s a winter giveaway, not Christmas since there’s no way I’ll have it out before the holidays. Anyhow here’s how I’m gonna do things (wholy crap this is a long rules list -_- but please read it over carefully and take your time – there’s no rush (i.e. there is no ‘first person to get the answer wins’ sort of thing)…
- This contest is only open to those who have commented on this blog prior to this post’s publish date OR to those with a dannychoo.com account that has been registered for over 1 month at the time of post’s publish date and has at least 50 comments. If you only qualify through the dannychoo.com account route, then you must link the account in question and it must contain a link to a site with contact information so I can verify it’s you (i.e. if you win I’m gonna go to that site and look for an e-mail address to tell that person they won. So it better be you :P). I apologize to those who stop by regularly without commenting, but for now, this is going to be my spam/cheat protection mechanism. Also, by doing this, I hope people realize I’m not doing this contest to whore out my site (though it would be fun to see the traffic spike :P), but rather to thank those who have come along for the ride as I fall into figure obsession ^^; One final way to validate your entry – if you’ve commented on this blog previously, you may vouch for someone else you know who you’d like to give a chance in this contest.
- The winner will receive my extra Good Smile Company Hatsune Miku, pictured above.
- I will pay for the shipping costs on my end, but if you have customs/tax/whatever issues on your end I’m afraid you’ll still have to deal with that.
- You must place your entry by posting to this thread. E-mail or other entries will be ignored.
- If you turn out to be the selected winner, you must be willing to supply me with an address to ship to. Don’t post your address here, I’ll contact you separately through e-mail.
- If the selected winner fails to leave me contact information (i.e. an e-mail to respond to) and/or respond within 1 week, a new winner will be selected. Please put your e-mail in the comment form (I can get it through my dashboard), not in your post.
- Winner accepts prize as is. I assume no responsibility for the item’s condition or any damage/random loss during transit. If something happens to her on the way over, I’m terribly sorry, but no replacement will be issued. Also, this will be the first time I’ve shipped a figure, so definitely no guarantees ^^;;
- Entries will be accepted from now until the end of the year. That is, you must have submitted your entry by 11:59 PM GMT, December 31, 2008. (if you want to see the current GMT, just search google for “time uk”, without quotes)
- I reserve the right to change these rules at any time (sorry, but for the moment it’s my miku, and my contest :P This isn’t any fancy corporate sponsored event.).
- If the winner decides that he/she does not wish to receive the prize, he/she may pass to the next eligible candidate, however, no consolation prize will be issued.
- The winner does not need to get the answer exactly. If no one gets the answer exactly correct, the entry closest to the answer will be declared the winner.
- If more than 1 entry is within +/- 5 of the correct answer, tie-breaker question 1 will be used. If more than 1 entry is within +/- 2 of the correct answer to tie-breaker question 1, tie-breaker question 2 will be used. If more than 1 entry is exactly correct in answering tie-breaker question 2, a winner will be selected at my discretion.
- Entries should contain answers to all three questions, though if you only answer the main question, the entry is still valid (you simply lose any tie breakers, should the event arise).
- If no other description is given, the three numbers in an entry will be considered as answers to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd questions, respectively.
- You can submit up to two entries, but in the case 2 are submitted, only the 2nd entry will be considered. Submitting 3 ord more entries will void all of them.
Agree to all that? Alright, on to the actual contest content. Simply answer the following question:
How many volumes of Japanese language manga will meronpan own when the contest closes?
Easy, right? :P There’s various pictures of my collection around this site, though I’m not sure if any of them were taken with all volumes present and accounted for. If you’re wondering why I specified Japanese language, that’s to leave room for the tie breaker questions (though I imagine they won’t be necessary…):
How many light novels will meronpan own when the contest closes?
How many volumes of English language manga will meronpan own when the contest closes?
Keep in mind, with Christmas and vacation coming up, I’m liable to add to the collection before the contest closes ^^; So there you have it, enjoy, and thanks again for stopping by! Ah yes, and before I forget, with Christmas coming up I probably won’t be posting as often as I’d like. The following week will be better hopefully! Good luck and in case I don’t get another post in in time, Merry Christmas!