WAWAWA 忘れ物 ~ WAWAWA Wasuremono

Posted by meronpan on January 26, 2009

banner

Two things I shoulda taken care of a long time ago:

1.  A domain!  Been considering a lot of things figured I better snag one I liked before everything was taken.

2. To match the domain, a new name for this blog!

I assume not too many actually knew what the heck the previous name was ( いつも いつでも いつまでも – itsumo itsudemo itsumademo – always, wherever, forever).  As such, I don’t think many associated this blog with that name, especially with my much more recognizable handle, meronpan ^^;

So then!  This time around I actually have a banner graphic with the blog name in romaji so people can read it.  Also, rather than being a totally obscure reference to lyrics from eroge music, haruhi/lucky star/shiraishi fans should recognize the name. ^__^

In case you don’t, this should help jog your memory…

Haruhi

Lucky Star ED

Existing links should all work, so no need to worry about those.  For those who have graciously added me to their blogroll, I’ll try to stop by and humbly request a name update m(_ _)m

In other news, tried out the white satin with Dark Elf… not quite sure what I think about it yet… definitely don’t like the results as much as the Nanael shoot… meh, well here’s a sample:

darkelf01

Batter up!

Perhaps if it was more uniformly wrinkled… and the crease certainly doesn’t help.  What think ye?

At any rate, あらためて、よろしくお願いいたします! aratamete yoroshiku onegai itashimasu

18 Responses to “WAWAWA 忘れ物 ~ WAWAWA Wasuremono”

1. xJAYMANx said

@Meronpan: Hey, congrats on the domain! But not WP.org? Hehe. As for the satin, try increasing the distance between background and figure, so that the creases are blurred out while the figure stays in focus. Good luck! ^_^

2. Panther said

Yeah, congrats on the domain name, but not moving to your own host? A lot more can be done with your own host. :)

3. Your domain name has so many “wa”!!!! ,,,must sing like Shiraishi to get wawawawasuremono correctly!

@xjaymanx, panther thanx! i actually haven’t moved to my own host because i don’t want the extra freedom ^^;;; moving to wordpress.org would mean i wouldn’t be satisfied until i’d configured every last widget and stylesheet to my liking, not to mention having to worry about up time, additional monthly fees, upgrading the backend…. in general… i’ve been a sys admin and run a web server before… migrating servers when the need arises is another thing i hate having to worry about… i enjoy the simplicity of free hosting ^^;;

ah yes, and @xjaymanx, thanks for the tip, i’ll have to see what i can do…hopefully my camera’s lens & my work area won’t hold me back ^^;

@divine fang hahahah, yeah, not exactly the easiest to remember… one way to think of it is the 3 wa’s like www wasuremono ^^;

What a coincidence, I bought a domain 2 nights ago! I’m slowly working on it while keeping up my worpress blog. I hope to make a move over to the other site soon but I want to make sure everything is to my liking first.

@lovelyduckie hahahah how random! ^^ looking forward to the new site!

ZOMG!
    I was totally wrong about what your old name meant…
    I thought it meant something like meronpan no nado (not that i know what that is supposed to mean ^^;)

Shiraishis WAWAWAWA is awesome!

Have fun with your shiny new domain

9. Fumika said

Grats on the domain! I actually liked the old name better :P, but it’s better to have an English name for the blog. In case people can’t read Japanese, they at least can still refer to the name of the blog in some way :P.

@blowfish hahah, i guess i rest my case ^^; even in romaji it woulda been hard for people unfamiliar with the language to say/abbreviate the name, so i hope the new name is a little friendlier ^^; shiraishi ftw!

@fumika i did like what the old name represented more … kind of a statement about my feelings for otaku themed hobbies… ‘course that woulda been one terrible url… itsumoitsudemoitsumademo … … ^^;;;

I think Im one of those who thought that いつも いつでも いつまでも has something to do with Meronpan… Sorry :)

I relate wawawawasuremono with Utawarerumono . Anyway Blogroll Updated!!

Congrats on your new domain! Argh got too used to your old one, and the new one has a lot of ‘wa’s in it XD

Updated name on my blogroll, oh and happy belated Chinese New Year!

@phossil, q thanks updating! ^^

@phossil hahah, no prob ^^ A natural assumption if you haven’t learned hiragana ^^;

i must remember to look into utawarerumono…

@q bookmarks or rss readers shouldn’t be affected by the change…. highly recommend the latter if you’re not already usin’ one ^^

A belated happy Chinese New Year to you too!

14. rangerroh said

Congrats on getting a new domain name. I actually like わ~わ~わ~ 忘れ物. ^^ I think its original and very creative. Since I am still a noobie to the blogging world I dont think I was attached the old blog name like Fumika was.

Once again Congrats!

I understand if you want a domain, but WAWAWA Wasuremono? I’ve been wondering why Wasuremono?

@rangerroh thanks! i wouldn’t say it’s terribly creative though… i just took a quote/meme and made it the name ^^;

@sonic_ver2 that’s a good question.. shoulda addressed it in the post proper ^^; Quite a few reasons really:

1) <3 Lucky Star
    2) <3 Haruhi
    3) <3 Shiraishi
    4) The way I see it, it’d be like naming this blog, "Things Forgotten" which has kind of a nice (slightly emo? ^^;) ring to it. So just add in a little Japanese and meme and you’ve got wawawa wasuremono… A record of otaku goods and memories to stand the test of time… (hahaha, there ya go, my cheesy side surfaces ^^;;)

Blogroll updated.
    I still like ur sub-heading, “anime~manga~figures~nado”
    What’s nado btw? lol

@optic thanks for the update! ahh, should’ve explained ‘nado’ in the main post ready for a quick grammar lesson? ^^;;

In Japanese, when talking about a general list of things, you can say, “A ya B ya C nado…” which means, “things like A, B, and C” or “A, B, C and so on…” or “A, B, C, etc.”

Basically I dropped the ‘ya’ that normally comes between the words in the list, and took the ‘nado’ part which pretty much translates to ‘etc.’ (at least, in this case).

In the end you have a loose translation of, “anime ~ manga ~ figures ~ etc” or “anime ~ manga ~ figures ~ a whatever else”