Louise Françoise le Blanc de la Vallière

Posted by meronpan on March 29, 2009

Time for a review of Alter’s 1/8 ルイズ・フランソワーズ・ル・ブラン・ド・ラ・ヴァリエール… aka ruizu furansowaazu ru buran do ra varieeru…aka Louise Françoise le Blanc de la Vallière… aka Louise ^^

louise08

A little less heavy on the images lately.  On the plus side that means faster turn around for reviews.  This post is sfw, assuming pantsu shots are sfw :P

Of ゼロの使い魔 (zero no tsukaima) fame we’ve got a delicious tsundere voiced by the queen of tsundere herself.

louise09

Though delivered by Alter, they can’t always be perfect.  Just noticed that seam in her cape -_- Hopefully I won’t discover any other flaws by the end of this post ^^;;

louise10

Luckily as you can see above, there’s a lot more to be looking at than boring seams.

louise11

Her hair’s kinda chunky, but on the other hand it feels a lot like how it’s rendered in the anime.  Speaking of which, Alter as expected was able to capture the Louise character really well.  The cheerful expression may be a little out of character though :P

louise

Click for gelbooru source

There’s quite a few other Louise options out there if you’d prefer a more menacing expression or alluring outfit.

louise12

I was determined to get one of Louise in her seifuku though so that limited my options quite a bit.

louise13

Went through the trouble of getting a wand shot.  Thought I’d drop in a white background to help it stand out and get a nice pic but… well, that was a big dissapointment ^^;  Ah well, for completeness I’ll leave it in.

louise14

pantsu ribbon to cleanse your pallette?  Well, this pic isn’t exactly stellar either ^^;

louise15

Something about the lighting was givin me a lotta trouble -_-

louise16

Ah well, more pantsu~

louise17

Skirts common in your region?

louise18

Base is… well, more interesting than usual but still could use some work -_-

louise19

Nagato decides to hitch a ride.

louise20

faito!

louise21

sasara is being naughty :P

louise22

Guess Louise wasn’t a runaway hit as she’s still available at hobby stock and hlj.

foobarbaz gave Louise a 3 out of 5 ★  Please check out his review for a much better look at louise-chan ^^

37 Responses to “Louise Françoise le Blanc de la Vallière”

I dont really know her character and like i wrote in the preview I have a rather biased view on her.^^;
    I always wondered what shes actually doing there.Is she falling on her but and happy about it?Or is she flying? Is she able to fly as a witch? Haha I know absolutely nothing about her

that’s a great question… but i’m not really sure what the answer is ^^;; now that you mention it, no, she doesn’t usually have the ability to fly (though may she could hover through some levitation spell??). ah well, ki ni shinai ki ni shinai (details, details) ^^;;

2. Leonia said

Good job of Alter. The realization of hair is very detailed, and gives an impression of movement (she is “flying”).I didn’t think that the base would be purple. But finally it’s attractive. I am satisfied,of this figurine which is faithful to the character, and very well realized. Your photos are beautiful!

thanks! i do think that for louise fans this figure has a lot to offer. it may not make my jaw drop like fate-chan, but it’s a solid release that fills the zero no tsukaima gap in my collection.

3. Actar said

Ah, that’s right! Out of character. I was wondering what was out of place with this figure. Not only that, the floating pose just doesn’t do it for me. The picture linking to Gelboru looks so much better!

Some people may like Rie’s Tsundere characters, but I really feel very, very tired of it. It seems cliched and overused. Perhaps more unique and interesting takes on tsundere roles like those of Mikoto, Chidori, Rin and even Ogiue will be seen in the future.

i’m not exactly tired of rie per se but i do feel that sometimes it feels like her performance is molded to fit a tsundere archetype rather than the character herself. i’ll have to see where she takes the numerous roles she has this year (didn’t know she was gonna be in queen’s blade & saki)

4. Hmmm… This was from Alter, but I can’t help but feel disappointed with it.

The quality is somewhat lacking for a figure from Alter, and she looks kind of flat and not detailed to me. :P Doesn’t help that I never liked Louise anyway. All the tsun tsun with little to no dere dere.

I’m really happy with my Suiseiseki though!

indeed, compared to other alter figures she does seem to be at the lower end of the detail spectrum. but compared to other manufacturers’ louise (seifuku) figures… i think i’d put her at the upper end.

perhaps the best thing about her is that she quenches my desire for zero no tsukaima figures for now, so i can divert funds elsewhere ^^;;

5. ELTboy said

That photo of Nagato and Louise is cute. ^^

This is a fairly nice figure. But like you pointed out, the seam on the cape is too obvious and Alter could do better.

I can’t say much about the expression since I don’t know Louise well as I never got past episode 1 of season 1 … but that didn’t stop me from ordering the other figure of Louise in gothic punk outfit from Alter … that one is too idiotically cute looking ^^”

i had forgotten my love of perching nagato on things ’til now ^^;

mmm the gothic punk one does look kawwaiii~ will be on the lookout for your review ^^

Despite an average figure, I still like it very much. I’m guessing it’s the pose where it’s most attracting me cause it’s not often I see dynamic ‘angled’ figure which I like.
    I’m still gonna think about it. I wouldn’t mind another Louise to be honest. xD

7. James said

I like this one , the hair is quite awesome and the base is good for Alter . The pose is great for me too so i’ll buy her someday maybe ^^

Nice buy :)

if you get her i’ll be awaiting your review ^^ i didn’t really like how my pics turned out orz Prolly woulda been better on a different background, or if i tried lighting on the opposite side? hmmmm

• James said

You should take a pic of your actual set up , maybe i can help you a little :)

I do use lightning at opposite side , but not sure if we mean the same thing ^^

hmm that’s a good idea. feels a little embarrassing… it’s just a mass of cardboard boxes :P ah well, i’ll add that to my future post list ^^

re: opposite side, are you referring to a back-lit setup? i was referring to on the right side as opposed to the left.

but anyhow, i’ll have to get up that post eventually, i’m always dying to know what i can do to improve!

Don’t know much about the evil L-type of Kugimiya disease, but this figure’s pose is rather unusual.

One urgent question: How much is the shipping fee would I expect if I preorder Alter Fate only? I need to compare the prices with the shops in Hong Kong, and so far I’ve found one shop quoted 1180HKD (around 152USD).

it’s a great pose i tell ya!! ^^;;;

hmmm well, the only reference point i can give you is that EMS shipping for Hayate from Japan to California, USA was 5400 yen. I expect to pay at least that much for fate. HLJ also lists hayate at 5400 yen for EMS and 5000 yen for SAL (not sure why sal is so expensive in that case).

Hayate’s shipping cost puts her in the < 3kg category (EMS), which would be 4000 yen to asia, 6200 yen for european destinations. If you’re interested, the rest of the ems shipping rates are here.

Hope that helps!

nice review, not bad pictures at all, I know how lighting can interfere sometimes. love the last 3 pictures too XD This really isn’t a bad Louise after all, the base looks pretty nice and I’d probably get her if I didn’t already have the Goth Punk one on pre-order. I kinda miss ZnT already even though there’s been 3 seasons and it wasn’t all that long ago since the 3rd ended.

whenever the longing returns, I just start rewatching ^^; unfortunately I get that for lots of series and end up rewatching more than i do catching up on new stuff ^^;;

10. T.I.P. said

I want this figure because of her pose, but she’s really really really down low on my list right now ^^; Maybe she’ll move up the list when I finish watching Zero no Tsukaima. I’m only almost finish with watching Haruhi…speaking of which…makes me want a Alter Yuki “orz *need to steal that Yuki Nendoroid from meronpan*

Umm…I would say hot pants + tank tops are more common here in Toronto.

HLJ usually have some error or two with their listings. It could be that they don’t even ship Hayate (or Fate in this case) with SAL because of the size/weight limitation. I think SAL is capped at 2,000 yen.

ooo finally finishing up a classic, eh? that reminds me i need to rip my dvds so i can watch on my computer without having to swap discs every 2 episodes (sadly yes, the japanese dvds have a terrible 2 episodes per disk orz).

nendo nagato is special! my first figure! no stealing! :P

my theory is that girls get used to skirts after wearing seifuku for so long, which helps proliferate skirt wearing ^_^

• Oo I’m from Toronto too!!! What a coincidence!

You can still find the Yuki nendroid in shops around where I’m living right now though, it’s not exactly a rare item :P.

11. konadora said

Why does she look so much better than her anime counterpart?

Now i know why this Louise looks sooo good. The pose is just great and her pantsu is visible from almost all angle. XD

Maybe its not a perfect alter design, but the fact that is Louise in an interesting pose its completely worthy.. ^^

14. Kazearashi said

I preordered her straight away without any doubt after seeing her preview the first time xD But money say otherwise… ;_: I had to cancel her on the last minute due to financial reason…

Well I guess it’s not meant for me x3

I really like her pose and all… Especially her very cute face that makes me want to buy xD

Nice pictures and review as well ^^

15. […] cet achat, et j’aurai attendu le colis de Shad avec impatience après avoir vu les photos de Meronpan. Mon exemplaire à moi, lui, il m’attend à des centaines de kilomètres d’ici dans son […]