World is うさ

Posted by meronpan on April 3, 2009

While I’m recovering my computer… here’s a little gem I stumbled upon after (finally!) signing up for niconico video.

If you already have an account, you can go to the original nico video page.

Also, if you really like this rendition, うさ (usa (oo-saw)), the singer, included an mp3 for download. The password you need is “usawine” (no quotes. there’s a text box above the download button, type the password in there). (Update: sorry, forgot there’s another page after you enter the password. On the 2nd page, scroll down and under the last banner should be a link: <ダウンロードする> – which translates to “download” – yes, click that one ^^) Alternately I think whoever uploaded the youtube version also included a megaupload link.

Probably old news for niconico goers (>750,000 views!) and miku fans alike, but I’m a slowpoke, so cut me some slack :P And for the rest of ya like me who were unaware, you should listen to it now!

Also if you haven’t gotten around to the original song, here’s it is:

Also you can watch at niconico, or download an mp3 from supercell site (zip contains instrumental version too).

If you haven’t signed up for niconico, dannychoo user tenrou wrote up a little how-to. I was going to do one of my own with screenshots and explanations of some of the parts of the site (like adding to your list, where to find the rankings, etc) but haven’t gotten around to it yet. In the meantime, check out tenrou’s instructions, it might be fun to see what the fuss is about if you’ve never experienced it.

If you can read any japanese (even just hiragana), you may be able to appreciate the insanity of the comments that float across the screen. I love ’em ^__^ teh intertubes at their finest.

For reference, here’s a handful of characters to look for:
かわいい – kawaii
すごい – sugoi
すげ – suge (== sugoi, even less formal)
wwwwww – last time I checked, ‘w’ stands for ‘warai’ == laughing, so in this context == lol. so wwwww roughly translates to lololol ^^;;;

11 Responses to “World is うさ”

ooh I’ve got this one, “World is Mine” is Riiana’s favorite Miku song. I think my favorite version of this song isn’t even out there yet, I played the Miku & Rin versions in two different players together and it sounds cool XD This version is pretty good though ^^

heheh i knew i was lagging behind all the miku fans ^^; love usa’s stuff. she has a bunch of other songs on niconico and they’re great ^^

now that you mention it i’ve hardly heard any songs by the twins… i should have a listen…

Stare~~~~~~+Listening!!!
    Do like!!!!!!
    Now I think it is about time I should get a nico account…maybe upload my MADs too…as Youtube is like deleting mine…for stupid reasons…

didn’t niconico also have a big crackdown on MADs? hmmm dang, can’t really remember… don’t quote me on that.

anyway, yes, might wanna try it out! the comments are hilarious ^^

3. Leonia said

Miku is really cute in this version (more than Black Rock Shooter ^^). Pre-orderd ? Maybe ^^

i do have a slight preference for world is mine … ragh, can’t decide if i should get the figure… (though i guess there’s still some time until she comes up for preorder…)

4. konadora said

This sounds so much better than the original one for some reason…

The first time I heard of Niconico I was to sign up but after I saw everything was in Jap, I couldnt find the sign here link. ^^

i was also put off by all the sign up crap… even though I coulda figured it out if i tried ^^;; just so much text on the screen, it’s daunting and confusing

6. […] twice as much!  Think I’ve… yes, I’ve posted previously on my current favorite, うさ-san’s rendition of world is mine… thanks to aaron for alerting me to romeo & cinderella… rin fans […]