Sudden Trip

Posted by meronpan on June 30, 2009

I guess I could’ve combined this news with the post I just made… but it kinda felt like it deserved it’s own post.

fuji

About 12 hours ago I was asked if I could go on a business trip to Japan.  6 hours ago I booked a flight.  Barring any problems, I’ll be taking off within the next 15 hours.

!!!

I’ll be landing on Thursday (Japan time) and working Friday & Saturday.  However I extended my trip to the next Thursday so I’ll have Sunday through Wendesday to have some vacation time (assuming my Japanese coworkers don’t pull me into the office ^^;;;).  I believe it’s still tsuyu (rainy season == hot & humid orz) but… it’s Japan!

So far I just have a short list of things to do:

1. Akiba
  2. Odaiba Gundam
  3. Experience some tanabata shenanigans
  4. Eva maid cafe?

Busy at work lately, so once again I’m behind on blogs… but anyone else gonna be in or around Tokyo during that time (7/5 through 7/8)?  Feel free to contact me by e-mail (my gmail account is madaminu) if you’d like to meet up.

Packing my new camera and hoping it’ll survive the trip.  I have lens cases (lowepro stuff) for my lenses but nothing for the body nor a dedicated camera bag.  Was just gonna cushion it with some clothing and put everything in my carry-on.  Didn’t seem like it should be a problem?  ^^;

Anyhow, we’ll see if I can manage some posts from my hotel but otherwise, see y’all next week!

40 Responses to “Sudden Trip”

1. Ohhh lucky you! How I wanted to go to Japan this summer, Eva movie, Kamen Rider movie and Odaiba Gundam!

eva movie and odaiba gundam both almost made me cry ^^; sooooo awesome! summer really sucks here though… well, for me at least, because personally i haaaaate high humidity. japan is the only travel destination i’m obsessed with enough to overcome my discomfort ^^;;

Wish I had such a business trip ^^; Enjoy

For a sudden trip to Japan, it won’t feel like work at all. ^^
    Enjoy!

that’s great luck! have a fun and safe trip!

5. Oh, that’s cool ;) Have a good time!

6. YuKi-To said

I plan to go on August! not this month sadly >.<
    Have fun!

hopefully with tsuyu out of the way it won’t be so wet when you’re here. rained for a lot of today… ;_;

thou despite that still having a great time ^^;

That surely came all of a sudden. Enjoy your trip then!

Be sure to get a spare figma Fate when they are still around!

barely had time to pack and i was on the time ^^;

saw fate in a buncha stores… faltered at the time but you’ve renewed my spending urges… must remember to get her before i leave…

Heh, you’re one lucky man! Be sure to brought back one of the eva maid maid photos. XD

9. ELTboy said

Wow… another Japan trip again. How I wish I can get send on a business trip to Japan, it won’t ever feel like work to me that’s for sure. Enjoy!

10. Panther said

Bon voyage dude, at least you extended your time there to have some time off. :)

11. Punynari said

Have a safe trip. Hopefully its not too hot and humid when you over there. Heard its rough during this time of year.

my coworkers said i lucked out because it’s not so hot this year. but for a california bay area guy like me the humidity is still a killer ^^;

Have a nice trip!!
    arrghh.. I kind of envy you, going to Japan all-paid… I know is for bussines, but anyway..

doumo ^^ well, not completely all paid… i have to pay for my hotel and everything once the work part (only 2 days) is over ^^;; though luckily the flight is company paid both ways so basically i’m saving $1000 ^^

13. ugh, I envy you (cos it’s japan) yet don’t envy you! (Rainy season +30 degreesC AND around 95+% humidity = pain!!)

Still, can’t help but feel a little jealous that you’re working in a place which would do something like that. One of my old workplaces was starting up a Japanese branch but they also had a main office in Australia so they dealt with it, leaving us brits out of the loop!!

hahah exactly my feelings. when asked if i wanted to go on the trip, it was like, “oh hell yes! ah crap, wait the weather sucks… bah, it’s japan, what the hell!”

guess it’s all about selling oneself and getting skills that other people can’t fill in for. if i didn’t know japanese or didn’t have the expertise in certain products of ours i wouldn’t have been considered at all ^^; but yeah, totally understand that jealousy… i feel that way about our marketing guys all the time ^^;;

14. Roy said

Ah Lucky! ^^
    Some of the coolest things are happening their so I hope you enjoy your trip, make sure to come back with great stuff :D

indeed, the eva movie and gundam have already made up for the crappy weather ^^ now i’ve just gotta see how much space i have left in my suitcases ^^;

Sweet! ^^

Have a nice trip and hope you get to see the Odaiba Gundam. ^^

WOW!!!
    That is sudden!!!
    Would love if you bring back some pics!!!
    I wonder how much loot you’ll come back from this short trip!!!
    GO FOR ODAIBA GUNDAM!!!!!!
    Too bad my trip to Japan is in 3 weeks…

posted a few pics just now… will follow up with more in the coming days and when i get back ^^ trying not to spend too much because of my recent camera purchase, but that hasn’t stopped my manga purchases so far ^^;

odaiba gundam, check! so freaking awesome. i only wish the weather was nicer when i went. if it clears up maybe i’ll go back, but this tsuyu stuff is relentless orz

hopefully you’ll have better weather ^^

17. I can’t show up to Tokyo, but if you show up in Nagoya we can hang out :D

18. RyoBase said

Good luck, buddy. Don’t forget to bring me some souvenir, just kidding.

19. T.I.P. said

Nice, another trip to Japan. I went around this time last year, and the weather really sucked, though you get to see the Odaiba Gundam this time ’round. ^^

yeah, definitely not my preferred time of year to travel. seemed like a waste to not take advantage of the company paid airfare though ^^; gundam was definitely worth it.

20. atk4m said

Hope you’re having fun there! I kinda wish I could go back and visit Seoul sometime.