gome~n!!!

Posted by meronpan on July 6, 2009

Been meaning to post photos, stories or just anything since getting to Tokyo,  but work, last minute trips, and a lack of planning got in the way of all that.

IMG_0207

As mentioned in the previous post, this trip is a super last minute business trip + vacation time added on.  What do you know the first night I’m here I remember that my laptop’s ethernet port is broken (have been using wireless) so I can’t check my work e-mail!  Also I found out that the plug adapter I threw in my bag was for german outlets!  Thank goodness for akiba… it was 7pm… rushed off and was able to buy everything I needed ^^  Plus the manga pictured above ^^

IMG_0212

Friday and Saturday were spent working so I wasn’t planning on doing anything vacation-ish.  However Saturday after dinner with my coworker he took me over to see the gundam!  …didn’t have my camera orz.  But that turned out just as well since it was night and it wasn’t lit up.  Went back the next day… weather overcast (stupid tsuyu >_<) but at least I was able to take pictures.

IMG_0229.CR2

I’ll have a more detailed write up of the Gundam when I get back… well… though if you’ve read other articles I doubt I have much new to say about it ^^;

IMG_0301.CR2

Glad I took both my lenses.  Wanted both wide angle and telephoto capabilities while I was shooting.  Hardly ideal (18-55 kit + 100mm macro) lenses but I had to make do ^^;

IMG_0278.CR2

The details on this bad boy are beautiful.  So glad I was able to see it in person ^^

Spent the rest of that day in akiba.

IMG_0380.CR2

There’s something comforting about seeing advertisements like that everywhere.

And nekomimi maids on the street ^^;

IMG_0381.CR2

Other than that… saw the eva movie today!!!  Actually hadn’t seen the first one until last Friday — heard from my coworker it was on tv and watched it in my hotel room ^^;

Was really really really awesome seeing eva again… tons of new content… and in a theatre!  I almost cried ^^;  Really like what they did with the plot changes.  Kind of like how the end of evangelion movie was a separate rendition of the ending… having the series retold in yet another fashion was wonderful.  I don’t really remember enough to do a comparison of what I liked better or worse… but I know I really loved the film ^^

The good thing about not having seen the first movie was that I wasn’t waiting forever for the 2nd to come out… but now that I’ve gone and watched ’em… arrrrgh, can’t wait for #3!!!

Two more days… trying hard to not spend them both in akiba ^^;;;;

18 Responses to “gome~n!!!”

Well you’ve been busy so I understand that you haven’t posted anything between now and just before the trip (in addition to the problems you had with the Internet).

I haven’t watched either Eva yet; my sister has watched the first movie twice already o_o;; Felt I’m really behind on anime compared to the rest of my blogroll… orz

Enjoy the rest of your trip mate!

i don’t know how I was posting so much on my previous trip. this time i had no energy for such ^^; well actually i know… the humidity killed me ^^;; totally not used to it and was pooped everyday when I got back to my room.

check out the eva movies when you get a chance! ^^

2. kesenaitsumi89 said

LOL…Maybe we walked through each other but didn’t know about it. Me and Lester Ho also went to Akihabara the past sunday.

3. Ah, you’re lucky. I want to be in Japan too ^^; Well, I’m leaving tomorrow for a vacation of my own to Europe. I don’t expect to see any nekomimi maids but it will still be fun :)

Glad to see you’re having a great time there and were able to catch things like the Odaiba Gundam and Eva movie! ^^

Love the photos!!!!!!!
    Now I want to see the Odaiba Gundam even more!!!!!!
    Good thing after I get back from Kyoto, my hotel is in Odaiba…which means I get to see it everyday!!!
    I can’t wait till my trip to Japan in 3 weeks!!!!!!
    I’m getting too excited!!!!!!!

ah you’re going to kyoto! wish i had a chance to spend more time there… guess that’ll have to be a future trip…

nice, you’ll actually be staying in odaiba! was my first time there and seemed like there was a lot to check out.

6. punynari said

Glad you got to see the Odaiba Gundam. Yup, its a bit difficult to find a clear weather day to take pics of it. I was in port on time during this season and it was always so humid that you practically needed to carry a towel to wipe the sweat on your forehead. Not to mention the always cloudy or rainy weather. Hope you get to see it in good weather too though. The sunshine really would bring out the red and blue paint.

alas the one day the sun came out and the skies were blue i was busy foraging around in akiba ^^;;

the humidity really was something. i was eating ramen one day and sweating so much it must’ve looked like i came out of the shower. so gross ^^;;

7. xJAYMANx said

@Meronpan: Wow, the different colored panels and signage on the Gundam are pretty sweet. And I’m not even a rabid Gundam fan, lol. Bahhh, stupid clouds, doesn’t the sun ever come out? Oh well. But hey, thanx for the news, didn’t even know Eva 2.0 came out already!

i barely know anything about gundam but it seeing it was soooo freaking awesome. monstrous and as you say all the details they put into the panels was incredible.

after the movie i love rei & asuka even more. hope ya have a chance to see it soon~

8. I am jealous! I wanted to see the Gundam myself as well, hopefully I can manage to go to Japan by the end of August myself!

9. T.I.P. said

It must be nice to see the Gundam in person. I hope they change their mind and keep it up for future generations. I’m looking forward to Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0, I really liked the first one. :D Yeah, the weather really sucks around this time.

even my non-otaku coworker was impressed… and it was dark and we could barely see it at the time ^^;

first eva movie is out on dvd by now i assume? another thing i forgot to look for in akiba… orz