I’m Easily Distracted

Posted by meronpan on July 23, 2009

Lots I want to post about but got a new phone recently so I haven’t been so diligent in writing ’em up ^^;

phone01

Pretty big upgrade for me because I finally evolved out of the cell phone stone age – my previous phone was monochrome and resolution was probably like 50×20.  So yeah, no pictures, nothing but pc-speaker-like-sounds… only the bare bones.

I like personalizing my stuff so as you can see I quickly changed up the background.

phone02

Sorry for the crappy pics but I was snapping them in the dark for no good reason :P

phone03

My impression was that blackberrys were mostly used by business peeps… i wonder how many other people out there have visual novel cg as their phone bg ^^;;;

phone04

Also changed the ring tone to play 鳥の詩 ^^;

I switch to vibrate mode at work so hopefully that won’t be too troublesome ^^;

And last but not least, in the grand tradition of all Japanese cell phone users, from elementry students to hardened old business men, I had to attach some phone charms :P

phone05

Population of blackberry users with touhou charm & yoake mae yori ruriiro na: moonlight cradle screen cleaner:  +1

And once again I need to get to bed.

42 Responses to “I’m Easily Distracted”

Nice phone!!!!!!
    I see H2O Footprints in the Sand!!!!!
    I love the game and anime!!!!!!
    Ah, Air music…some of the best music around…

2. Tier said

Ahh, it’s a Blackberry! It’s always funny when I go out to lunch with my boss and some other managers, whenever there’s a lull in the conversation they always whip out their Blackberries in near-unison and do whatever it is that people do with Blackberries.

Me, I still have a Stone Age phone. No camera, no special ring tones, I don’t even know if I can text on it (and I wouldn’t even if I could). No MP3 playback, no video games, but at least it has a color screen.

yeah i’m kinda worried about becoming like that ^^; real great to have e-mail access all the time though. to keep my room cooler and save some power i don’t keep my computer on all the time so i love being able to check on my phone. not to mention web access. feels like i’m always at a store and need to look something up. now i can! ^^

if your phone has a color screen… probably has texting? mine did even with its crappiness. well, though if you wouldn’t use it, guess it’s moot ^^;

3. omgwtfbbq said

You aren’t the only one with cgs as wallpapers :)
    Last month I bought a new cellphone and guess what was the first thing I wanted to do? Yeah, buy an anime themed cellstrap. Go figure ( ̄_ ̄ )

^^ excellent

i got my reimu one in akiba, anticipating that i’d be getting a new phone soon. unfortunately i forgot to also look for some anime themed privacy screens. that woulda been nice.

i think both of the cleaners i have came as bonuses from g’s festival

4. Never was a fan of the crackberry, I jumped straight into the smartphone thing with my iphone. But I find it quite annoying when I walk down a street and see a dozen people with it as well…

I don’t have eroge wallpaper on mine, but I do have a pic of my Ignis model kit. does that count? and you actually can’t have a phone strap on an iphone as there’s no connector hole for them. That’s probably a good thing…

iphone was my other big consideration but in the end i opted for the cheaper phone and the hard keyboard. if someone else was buying i wouldn’t have minded getting one though :P

i’d say ignis counts plenty, specially since you built her ^^

weird that the iphone doesn’t have a strap thing… though… you can’t open it up at all can you?

• not at all. unless you’re handy with a few sharp tools and a hammer. And don’t mind voiding your warrany…

But it’s never really bothered me. The last time I had a strap on my phone, I broke it pretty quickly cos I had a habit of pulling my phone out by the strap instead of taking hold of the actual handset.

No iPhone? Nice Blackberry though, haven’t used one nor an iPhone so no idea how well they perform.

Don’t have any such cellphone straps though I do personalize it with anime wallpapers, currently have this image of Yuki set as wallpaper: http://moe.imouto.org/post/show/21387

I also have Yui’s “untan untan” set as ringtone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8ViVSFIvNE
    And no, I don’t put it on silent at work. XD

so far it’s delivering me what i need (well, accept for my work e-mail… having a strange problem where only some of the messages get through)… hopefully i’ll be happy until the contract runs out ^^;

untan! genius! i think i’m going to have to make a single ‘untan’ my new message sound ^^

6. Nice phone! Mine is still semi-stone age, but overall I’m cool with it. (Too bad I can’t use my own sounds as ringtones though or I’d put a super sugary moesome song)

I love cell phone charms! Got a tin box full of them. :P

i was pretty happy when i found out i could use whatever sound bites for ringtones. had assumed i’d have to pay to download something.

charms are fun ^^ and a nice non-invasive way of seeing if people are into the same obscure stuff ^^;

7. punynari said

Nice phone and Estel mousepad. :3

Because I’m only sometimes in Japan and in many other countries as well, I have a prepaid phone that I never use. I’m sure I’ll get a better phone when I get back to the states though.

Maybe I’ll even buy some cellphone charms before I go back to civilian life. Of course, if I’ll have the guts to actually use them in the deep south remains to be seen. :p

doumo ^^ i believe estel came with the same issue of g’s festival as the dakimakura cover.

hmmm many otaku in the deep south? ^^;; even though i assume the people here in the bay area are pretty open i still have to tell myself, whatever, everyone in japan does it ^^;

8. Nothing on my phone but my key chain is loaded with anime delights. I’m going to be getting a new cell phone VERY soon myself. Per my contract I’m due to get another free one but I might pay a bit extra to get a Blackberry. The one I have now dies real quick after being charged, probably dues to old age and the battery going through so many charging and discharging cycles.

i have a tamago sushi on my keychain but it’s gotten pretty dirty over the years orz

i would’ve been able to get this phone free if i opened a new account but since i was upgrading then transferring out of a family account i still had to pay $50 -_-

i guess that’s one nice thing about this phone over the iphone… i can change out the battery if it ever starts going south. or does apple offer a battery replacement service? but again, not that i would’ve been unhappy with an iphone :P

Air ringtone nice ^^ I am using Full Metal Panic intermission melody as ringtone as I dont wanna ppl stare at me when some song starts 2 play ^^ Mostly on vibrations in public areas anyway ^^

Also using Strawberry Panic and FMP OPs as Alarm clock tone atm ^^ The thing that drives me mad is, when you can’t set up alarm melody lenght! WTH it has to cut my melody after 30 sec?! T-T

Using Samsung D600e for like 4 years now… wow its getting old oO Was about to switch on Samsung Soul but it was to pricy… maybe I’ll get it now if there are some left for a nice $. Nothing special but I like design ^^

Found up that I don’t rly need smartphone as most of functions would not be used. The only thing I rly need is some good notepad and possibly document reader/editor. But can live without it. Not rly interested in touch phones as well. The only cool thing I found about them is that I could add some large anime wallpaper there hehehe ^^;;;; I prefer a solid phone with good looks over functions I will hardly ever use ^^

What I want is………… JAPANESE CELL PHONE! OMG PLS! …. no really… I feel like designers for cells live only in Japan. Here in EU and i guess its pretty much same in USA etc… we gate almoast same bricks all over. Even thru other companies basicly moved out, there is still SE… whos doing quite nice phones for Japanese telephone companies… why dont they give us soemthing similar?! And I am not talking bout functions… Jap networks and phone capabilities are different league… but they could at least copy some desings, colors, and functions that are able even for our networks ~_~ I cant find any V phones… all are bricks and sliders (atleast those). Basicly I droll whenever they pull out those nice phones in animes or movies ^^;;;

doh, too bad about the alarm. i should test and see what mine does…

i also love japanese cell phone designs! ‘cuz so many of them are flip phones! i love flip phones (prolly shoulda gotten one :P) but shopping around i’ve never found anything close to the ones i see in akiba. they’re good size and some have those cool rotatable screens…. whatever dang color you want also! i can’t believe it was an issue at all that the more expensive iphone was white… why aren’t they offering every color of the rainbow?!

but anyhow, it’s nice that your phone has lasted so long! my sister needed a new one because her old one was literally falling apart -_-

• Shiddo said

Exactly! I prefer flip ones (V) as well… but from some reason they stopped releasing any models like that here… (only several… and mostly for females -_-) flips gives u compact size as well as big display and keyboard when open. And I just like to open/close or slide to pick up calls etc ^^ Japos have awesome colors and desings ^^ I check Docomo and manufacturers sites each month… it’s pitty they most phones working only at JP… on top they dont use SIM ~_~ So one can’t even import… unless he would like to display them… ^^;

I am quite happy it lasted this long. When I got it it was one of best models and not rly cheap… so atleast it paid off.

So your sister got yours or you both went for new ones?

10. Roy said

Awesome your ringtone is Tori no Uta^^ Sweet!~ Congrats on the upgrade too! Guess you’ll join the rest of the busy people ^^ The phone charms were totally manly xD

I have a phone but never use it:/ Pretty standard cell and nothing flashy like your BB^^ Lovely mousepad by the way=3

super manly. lol ^^;

i rarely used my old one but always nice to have for emergencies. doubt i’ll talk anymore with this new phone, but will definitely check e-mail even more obsessively ^^;;

as for estel, totally awesome deal, that g’s festival she came with ^^

Surprised u didn’t pick the iPhone.
    Many of my collegues uses the blackberry especially my team leaders.
    Considering our company provided for them, why not huh. lol
    Still, they hate it because it’s nothing but problems from what I’ve heard.
    Any problem with urs?

i was realllly close to getting it at one point. must say i really love the bb’s real keyboard though. never did get used to the touch one (not to mention i don’t really like touch screens in general).

so far the only problem i’m having is with my work e-mail. personal e-mail is fine but strangely i’m only getting some of my work mail. went for the cheapest data plan so i don’t have the uber enterprise server integration. think i may have a solution but it involves running some software at work 24/7 (though luckily that’s not a problem since i have 3 computers at work ^^;;).

I’m still happy with an ordinary phone that I’ve got 3 years ago, as my requirements with a phone are pretty… Standard ^^;

I remember there’s a time when flip phones are popular, but then they have become hard to find by now. My sister has always wanted a good flip phone and the only ones she likes are the ones from Japan, which really got her fustrated -_-;;

13. RyoBase said

Nice blackberry you have there. I wanted to buy one for myself but since it’s pretty costly I have to go with Nokia.

ugh, don’t remind me about the cost ;_; stupid monthly fees. big difference for me going from a $10/month line on a family plan to $75/month for voice + data orz

maybe i shoulda stuck with a simple phone ^^;

14. BB huh? I am more of a G1 user! And I do keep my visual novel CGs in it!

not really sure what kind of a user i am yet ^^; this is my first smartphone so i don’t really know what i’ll end up wanting/using/needing. alas guess it’ll be awhile before i even think about trying something else ‘cuz of the contract.

visual novel cgs ftw!

15. I thought all japanese on iphone lol

16. konadora said

Sweet phone, very nice wallpapers!

17. xJAYMANx said

@Meronpan-man: You know, if I wasn’t an otaku myself, I’d think this was a girl’s phone! Are you sure this isn’t your little sister’s phone (assuming you have one, lol). But no worries, if you think you’re “easily distracted”, you should see me at the office. >_<;

such is the otaku way ^^; i’ve actually added two more that i somehow forgot i had picked up earlier. the circular and rectangle ones though, of course… be stabbing myself in the leg if i attached the swords or bardiche ^^;;

18. T.I.P. said

Does phone strap = phone charm, or are they two different things?

I remember when I first upgraded to a phone with colour screen and mp3 ring tones, what an upgrade that was. ^^

mmmm… perhaps strap refers to an actual strap kinda thing as opposed to a… err… charm? dunno, not used to these things so i dunno what the usual conventions are ^^;