Bad Apple!!

Posted by meronpan on October 27, 2009

Real quick post…

Now I admit the Alstroemeria Records version of Bad Apple!! is one of my favorite (if not my favorite) touhou mixes, and I’m already a touhou fanboy… but the above video is jaw droppingly awesome, regardless. Touhou fans, definitely check it out ^^ (niconico link)

Oh, and if you’ve never bothered to look up the lyrics, part of the cool thing about many bad apple pv’s is the black and white imagery — verses end alternately with, “become/turn black” or “become/turn white”. A translation is at the touhou wiki.

Half my fascination with touhou is the amount and quality of fanwork out there… this is a perfect example ^^

15 Responses to “Bad Apple!!”

Whoa. I like it. So simple yet effective. And music is awesome ^^

Not especially a Touhou fan but the visual style of this clip is very nice indeed. ^^

Im a half touhou fan. Im already downloaded an OST from the game..

i encourage you to become a full touhou fan! :P

try the game demos if you haven’t already! if you’re not already a good shoot ’em up player, they’ll have more than enough content to last ya ^^

Im not really into Tohou but the aesthetics of this video are pretty gorgeous.Its quite simple yet pretty effective

5. […] Touhou Remixes Was introduced to this very addicting song by blogging comrade Meronpan here. Easily the most addicting Touhou song I have ever heard. In fact, I have it on repeat while […]

6. Tommy said

It looks really nice. I love the catchy tune.

Though the name is wrong. Stylized Shadow Art? It’s not stylized. It’s a “silhouette”. Not that you have anything to do with it. ^^;;

7. uzu said

This video made me go out & purchase a Marisa Kirisame nendoroid.. I missed out on Reimu, but I managed to get Marisa. Can’t wait until January!

This video is a true display of stunning work. Can’t decide what I like better- the music or the animation?

nice! ^^ i ordered reimu but have no idea when/if my order is going to be filled… i really should check up on that… ^^;;;

i don’t know much about animation but from my point of view it just looks incredibly professionally done. seeing that kind of effort being put into a fan vid like this adds to my appreciation for some reason ^^; if pressed to choose i’d prolly say i like the music better, but it’s a close call

8. Andrew said

This is incredibly catchy, I already watched it a bunch of times and will do more :) The animation is amazing and the soundtrack is very cool as well.