Bad Apple Tribute

Posted by meronpan on July 19, 2010

Don’t know the exact instant it happened but that bad apple video is now the #1 all time most viewed video on niconico!  If you somehow haven’t seen it check it out here.

If you don’t have a niconico account here’s a youtube version:

While we’re at it, here’s some other tribute’s I’ve come across as the madness unfolded.  If you’re familiar with the characters and the themes, this medley is really awesome (niconico).  It takes the theme for each character as they appear on screen and somehow mashes it into one awesome song with the bad apple beat in the background.

For those that like source material, here’s the original video request that the awesome one was made to fulfill (niconico).  There’s actually a bunch of other videos that people made (some quite good), but I guess none of ’em were able to snatch up those 8 million views like the silhouette one ^^;  The title loosely translates to [the uploader wants to see] Bad Apple PV [someone draw it!].

If you’d rather not dig up all of those other videos, someone combined a bunch of them into one ^^ (niconico). (fun starts around :40)

Or if you want the direct comparison of the silhouette vid to the original request, we’ve got that too :P (niconico).

And of course don’t forget the video that got onto CNN (niconico).

…or the one carved out of real apples (niconico).

Or if you’re tired of song being taken too seriously he’s a contribution that takes things another way ^^ (niconico).  Best enjoyed if you can understand the Japanese but I’m sure those familiar with the characters will be able to understand it just fine ^^

Anyhow that’s all today.  Alstroemeria Records ftw.

8 Responses to “Bad Apple Tribute”

Ah Bad Apple, I really love the song, Alstroemeria Records indeed ftw. It’s crazy how many videos spawned from it though. I’ve always wanted to do a post for the first video there but it spiraled so out of control I figured practically everyone under the moon had seen it by the time I wanted to post XD It is nice seeing a bunch of the videos all in one place like this though, so much talent in some of them (especially the apple carving one). That’s awesome it even beat Ronald McDonald XD I think Bad Apple deserves it’s place at the top ^^

Well it deserves it. It is “simple”, but very creative and well done video on top with awesome music ^^

3. Nopy said

Wow, I knew the Bad Apple PV was popular, but I didn’t think it would make it to the top of nico. I guess everyone just likes it that much.

4. nanu said

Nice compilation. It’s sort of worn out on me by now but I thought the Bad Apple screensaver is worth a mention :D

Makes me I wish I were part of some meme :D

ah yes. i tried it out on my computer but unfortunately the rendering at 1920×1200 is soooooo slow. ;_; woulda been really neat.

starting a meme would be a neat accomplishment ^^